pioneer 737 swap for cambridge audio azur?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dexter, May 20, 2004.

1. dexter

dexter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer 737 - it is a fine player but I really want PAL progressive scan and DVD Audio - neither of which the 737 has. I can get £200 for the Pioneer and am on a limited budget. I can add a further £100 to the £200 and the Cambridge Audio fits in my price range and seems to offer what I want. Question is - will I notice a decrease in PQ/ SQ over the 4 year old Pioneer?

2. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dexter

I have one of these and can only recommend it if like me, you're not impressed with mainstream offerings.

The Cambridge on a small 28" TV has good blacks and good definition.

For testing DVD players-

Sound quality will nearly always depend on your processor, with picture quality depending on your display settings. Most TVs have a 'smart mode' which can make things worse. Disable all these type of modes.

Set your display correctly first, then any DVD picture demos will be more accurate.

My yardstick is a DVD32R which gives one of the best analog pictures available.

3. dexter

dexter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply - what would the Cambridge Audio Azur be like on a projector - 7ft screen?