1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 737 swap for cambridge audio azur?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dexter, May 20, 2004.

1. dexter

dexter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer 737 - it is a fine player but I really want PAL progressive scan and DVD Audio - neither of which the 737 has. I can get £200 for the Pioneer and am on a limited budget. I can add a further £100 to the £200 and the Cambridge Audio fits in my price range and seems to offer what I want. Question is - will I notice a decrease in PQ/ SQ over the 4 year old Pioneer?

2. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dexter

I have one of these and can only recommend it if like me, you're not impressed with mainstream offerings.

The Cambridge on a small 28" TV has good blacks and good definition.

For testing DVD players-

Sound quality will nearly always depend on your processor, with picture quality depending on your display settings. Most TVs have a 'smart mode' which can make things worse. Disable all these type of modes.

Set your display correctly first, then any DVD picture demos will be more accurate.

My yardstick is a DVD32R which gives one of the best analog pictures available.

3. dexter

dexter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply - what would the Cambridge Audio Azur be like on a projector - 7ft screen?