1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 737 problem - need help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cutes6, Jun 4, 2004.

1. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi can anyone help please - I turned my trusty 737 on tonight and the display came up with "FLASH SUM" which was itself flashing on and off, needless to say the unit does not start up or turn on.

I am worried that this is something to do with the integral flash bios or something, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of anyhting I can try ????? :lease:

2. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Does anyone know of anywhere near Harrogate in North Yorkshire where I can take my unit to be reprogrammed for auto multiregion as I can only think the bios for the player has become currupt

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,984
    Have you tried cold starting it; disconnect it completely from the mains for ~10 mins, then reconnect and try again.

4. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Nigel, thanks for your reply - yes I have tried that but no luck :confused:

To cap it all off this weekend my sky+ box refused to come out of standby but have managed to get that going again with a complete reset :thumbsup:

Anyway back to the 737 I love this machine and it's served me well - running through a Lumigan to a crt on to an 8ft screen it's superb - or was- shall I say, I can only assume the start up bios has failed so I wondered if I got the bios re programed that would be worth a shot as a replacement machine of similar quality is going to be big bucks I think.

I was hoping someone on this forum may have come across this before but the lack of response leads me to think I will have to get a new machine

I have emailed a company near me who advertise that they can re programme my machine but unfortunately I have not had a response from them which is dissapointing, so at the moment I don't know what to do.

5. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,984
    Sky box, too? Co-incidence, or have you had a power surge or a nearby lightning strike? will your home insurance cover a repair or replacement?

6. adam*B

adam*B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Cutes6

I too have the 737 (and stangley live just outside of Harrogate)......do you get any power at all or is the unit just in standby ?

Cheers

ADAM

7. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Sorry I have been away all week Guy's

Nigel - I have found out that the SKY+ has a failing hard drive so I will have to see if i can repair that - so no power strike I think it's coincidence :mad:

Adam - The unit does not get that far to go into standby - as you power it up you get the message on the display and nothing else happens. There must be a chip inside that goes through it's start up checks etc and I think this maybe where the problem lies.

When I bought this unit I had it re programmed to do autoregion and I thought maybe this software upgrade had become currupt, so if I could get this re programming done again it might solve the problem ????

I don't know where to take this unit to have this done - anybody any ideas.

8. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    If its a gonna, let me know, as I've got a gold 737 which hasnt really been used for 2 years now - immaculate condition, which I'm looking to sell at a very reasonable price