Pioneer 737 - Leading Edge / leconcepts.com?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jasbyuk, Jan 22, 2002.

1. jasbyuk

jasbyuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, i'm after the Pioneer 737 DVD player, but I dont fancy paying £700 for it. Someone on this site told me that a site called leconcepts.com does it for £400, and lo and behold, it does!
    The store is called 'Leading Edge', or 'The Edge' I think.

I only have one question.

Has anyone else used their internet service and been satisfied? I just dont feel comfortable about ordering it then something goes wrong. Something like they lose my details of payment, or run out of stock and still charge me, or send it to me after its been knocked about (I had this problem with my 28lb Marantz reviever. And that was a bitch to carry back to another town to replace it).

Please can someone tell me if you have used them and got what you wanted when you wanted it?

Thanks everybody!

-J

2. jasbyuk

jasbyuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Why don't you wait for the Pioneer 747 which is due out soon. It has DVD-Audio capabilities amongst other things. Not sure on how much it will cost though.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd reconsider your choice of player if I was you, I saw one in action last week and it was terrible (if you're planning on using Progressive scan you could do a lot better believe me).

Andy

5. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Andy

your view of the 737 interests me as I have been considering it at £400.

A friend brought one round to try on my system for another reason and it didn't seem any better than the Pioneer 636d I have in picture quality but I believe the 636 is good in that department.

Apart from price the reason for looking at the 737 is for its Chroma delay and video adjustment features etc which I believe can be stored in memory banks for region 1 or 2 for example - the issue of progressive scan doesn't matter because my Ellie doesn't have the inputs but it has a built in line doubler.

So I would be interested as to what I should look at around this price range that would give me the Chroma and video adjustments etc .Any help on this from you or anybody else would be great thanks

6. Rad

Rad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hello,

I got my 737 from them and the service was very good, I got the unit in about 1 week.

The multi region works fine but I have had a problem with some RCE DVD's which was solved by putting in a region 1 disk and then reinserting the RCE disk.

Hope this helps.

7. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    There have been some comments elsewhere about leconcepts and if I remember rightly they are slow to answer emails (as seem to be so many of them) but if you telephone them they will tell you if the item is in stock and you can then order over the phone.

A lot of our Geordie members use them as they have a shop in the Metro Centre and they have been very complimentary.

8. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,078
    That's a pretty rare opinion. Are you sure there wasn't something else amiss with the setup - bad disc, bad TV, whatever?

I think the 737 WAS a good buy at £700. At £400 it is a steal. I use mine with pro-scan via the Front Projector onto an 8 foot screen; the image is excellent.