1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 737 issue

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Adlopa, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Adlopa

Adlopa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having just upgraded to a plasma screen, I've noticed a problem with my Pioneer DVD-737 and its component connection. In short, there's a 4in-wide, lighter-than-the-black-background stripe that runs up the right edge of the screen.

It's only visible when the DVD player is set as the source and is present both when the player is playing a disc and when its just turned on but not playing. It isn't there when the screen is switched to another component source, nor is it there when there's no source selected at all.

The stripe is there regardless of the component leads I use and regardless of whether the leads are connected directly from the player or switched through my amp. Ideas, anyone..?

2. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Very interersting. I have a 737 and I used it with my plasma until I upgraded to the new 757. I never experienced the problem you are describing. Is the component leads the only connection from the 737 to the screen or is it also fed through scart (in which case there should be composite quality output if indeed you have selected component in the setup menu)? If yes, try removing it.