1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 717

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Cinders, Oct 24, 2001.

1. Cinders

Cinders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Pioneer 717 since it first came out and have been very pleased with it's performance. I have had no problems with it at all. I beleive when it first came out the picture quality was one of it's key features. Anyway...

Since then how much has DVD technology come on in terms of increases in picture quality?

I have upgraded my TV to a 36" Sony and now I'm wondering if there is any point updating my ageing Pioneer DVD player?...

Is this player still a good contendor for picture quality now?...

Thanks, Matt.

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I guess you will be given advise from both sides. Since you are very happy with the 717 stick to it until it breaks down or a new 'must-have' (rather than 'nice-to-have') feature comes along.
    As for the picture quality I would recommend to borrow some newer player from a dealer and try it out with your TV - if the improvement is significant then you just need to decide if it's worth the money and go for it (or let it be).

3. Frustin

Frustin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    or wait till end of november (or thereabouts) and buy yourself a 747. yummy.