1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIONEER 717

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stefinch, May 4, 2001.

1. stefinch

stefinch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered a pioneer 717 from hyper-fi multiregion £299. Has anyone had any problems playing RCE discs on this player.
    If you have got a 717 how good are they?
    Thanks....Steve.

2. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, u should,nt have any probs with rce mate,it,s a good player although i personally would have gone for the bush 2002 like myself, it,s mint!!! :)

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    stef,

wise choice of player, was in that shop the other day looking at stuff. I've only had one or two moments of not neing able to play rce discs, but there is a method, check out my positing of "My 717 won't play 6th Day", of course it plays, I just wasn't doing it right!!!

Have fun with the Pioneer, it has been a really good player!!!

Cheers

Paul :p

4. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Welcome to the 717 club - If I had to buy a new player tommorrow I would go for the 717 again (or 737) never had a problem (even RCE) in the year I've had it apart from tripping over the coffee table as I look lovinlgy at this beuatiful piece of elctronic engineering on my rack. Excellent stereo source into the bargain. :p

5. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    are you being facetious(sp?)
    bush vs.pioneer 717 yeah

6. rbooth

rbooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 717 from HyperFi - same deal. After some research believe the player mod is done by the following company.
    http://www.digitech.i12.com/dvd/pioneer/pio717.htm

Mine works fine with RCE and you also have manual region selction. HyperFi gave me the impression that macrovision isn't disabled but looking at the Digitect site it looks like it is. Anyway pretty pleased with mine for 299 !

Rob
    web page