1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 717 with Techtronic multimod, Will it play enhanced regional coded disc's?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by 1dazgwinn, Nov 21, 2000.

1. 1dazgwinn

1dazgwinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the upgrade approx 18 month's ago and i've been very pleased with it,i now tend to buy all my dvd's on Region 1.I was worried to see that Hollywood is acting the hardman and is now using enhanced regional coding on certain disc's,Has anyone played one with a machine or upgrade like mine and did it work?Do's anyone have any views as to whether or not they will play before i spend out any dosh on a dvd

2. Popester

Popester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If Perfect Storm (R1) was RCE then I had no problems whatsoever.

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Check out www.techtronics.com they list RCE freindly DVD players.

Tim

------------------
    Today is a good day yo die

4. 1dazgwinn

1dazgwinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Techtronic replied to my e-mail within one hour and gave me the link to their rce site.That's pretty good by any one's standard!Still it's reassuring that popster had no problems,thanks guy's.

5. Stupot43

Stupot43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I bought a Pioneer 717 from Techtronics just over 12 months ago and it had the e-mod. It will play the new enhanced coded discs ie. The Patriot (Gibson) but you first have to start to play another region one disc first,then eject that dis and put in the Patriot and it should play OK. As far as The Perfect Storm is concerned I don`t think it has RCE as it played first time of trying. Hope this has helped. If you need any more info try the Techtronics site.