Pioneer 717 need help

pete18

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

I got a pioneer 717 today in a sale at Richer Sounds open box sale for £100, In the stock list that was from the website and at the store it stated it was multi region, went home set it up, tested a couple of region 2's and then went to try some region 1's but comes up Wrong region code

do I have to set something to make it multi region

I have e-mail richer sounds to see what they say

cheers from pete

I have a 717 and had it chipped to make it multi-region. If yours has the PARAGON upgrade these instructions will show you how to change regions - you have to change regions manually:

a. Turn the player on without a disc in it.
b. On the remote control press 'menu'.
c. Press '1' on the remote (this selects 'initial').
d. Press 'display' on the remote (You will see the region code the player is set to in the infobox to the right hand side).
e. Press 'condition' on the remote (The display remains unchanged).
f. Then press which region you want ie 1 for Region 1 or 2 for Region two etc. (The on screen menu will show the new region in the infobox to the right).
g. Press 'menu' on the remote to confirm the change.

I thought that you couldn't do a manual hack via remote

i had an e-mail back and they said that I would have to take it back for either an exchange or refund

but surely as they stated it was multi region they should sent it off free of charge to get chip

from pete

Hi Pete.
What jspr is describing is how to change regions manually on a chipped machine, not a hack.
See what happens if you follow his instructions.
Rob

jspr - tried that code you gave me still doesn't change region

looks like I have to take it back

:(

Pete18

Sorry to hear it didn't work - I would take it back and take along one of your R1 discs with you in case you get any hassle - if they try to exchange it for another one make sure they demonstrate that it plays R1. Good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom