1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 717 lost "region free"

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Oddbodd, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Oddbodd

Oddbodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help with a problem I'm having. My DVD player has been boxed in the loft for a while and I tried to watch a region 1 (all my DVD's are region1) movie last night but as soon as you load the disc it checks it then ejects it saying it's the wrong region code!
    I still have the instructions including techtronics explaining how to alter the region but it won't work, I never had any problems before it was stored away a year or so ago. Any ideas please?
    Cheers,
    Oddbodd.

2. sennen

sennen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have one of these with a hardware mod that is a very small circuit board stuck through the vent on the right hand side. In my case, the board can easily be knocked out of place as it sticks out of the case a few millimetres, and when that happens - I get the same symptoms you describe.
    Be sure to turn the power off before wiggling the board, else you'll cause the player to shut down! :eek:

3. Eitzel

Eitzel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Top Secret-Anyone coming anywhere near my Pioneer
    Ratings:
    +143
  4. Oddbodd

Oddbodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Thanks for the replys guys, I've tried both of those things but it still won't play region 1 dvd's. I think the multimod gizmo has thrown the towel in so it's back to region 2 only now. I bought a new one yesterday, a toshiba 340e which I'm very impressed with for the money (£79.95 including monsters inc. dvd), it looks and feels cheap and nasty but the picture quality is stunning. I might try and sell the pioneer to someone who has a collection of region 2 dvd's.
    Cheers,
    Oddbodd.

5. chaz 2112

chaz 2112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    try the handset hack on this forum.works on mine.