Pioneer 717 CD playback problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by robocop, May 20, 2001.

1. robocop

robocop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    In the past couple of days, my Pioneer 717 is refusing to play Cd's.DVD playback is fine, but everytime I now put in a CD it either spins for a few seconds and stops or opens the disc tray.I've had the player over a year now and no problems.If I continue to try to play a particular CD it eventually does play,but only after plenty of attempts.
    I have yet to use a laser cleaner on it as ,correct me if I'm wrong,this player has 2 lasers(one for DVD and another for CD).Will a cleaner do one or both lasers,if indeed this is the problem.
    Any help would be appreciated. :(

2. Joe D

Joe D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the excact same problem with my Pioneer 717, and the CD cleaning, does not help on my player !!! I have heard other owners of the 717 having the same problem too, only cure is taking your unit to the "doctor" and let him fix it...

3. Russell

Russell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine did exactly the same things about 18 months ago . Tried a cleaner but no improvement . It was still under warranty so Techtronics fixed it for free . I was told it was a "weak laser" . Been fine ever since . Would have been about £150 had it not been guaranteed !

4. garysteel

garysteel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yup, I had exactly the same problem, and was told the laser was dying, had it changed but the courier LOST the machine returning from link ELe, so i had an opportunity to get the 737 paying the extra. it was certainly an improvement on the 717, faster menu and skipping track access, but still slow layer change.

Good Luck
    G.