1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 7.1 problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ReggieDaMole, Sep 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. ReggieDaMole

ReggieDaMole
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just setting up my new Pioneer D814. I have connected all 8 speakers. Then when I run the MAACC (auto calibration utility) it fires a test signal round all speaker but only offers 6.1 - surely it should offer 7.1 ? (sounds to miss one of the surround backs)? All are wired up OK. Messed about with all settings with no joy so am wondering if the channel is faulty? :rolleyes: Anyone else had these problems?

Cheers

Reg

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Two possibilities without being in front of the amp: The bascic setup button on the front of the amp checks for a subwoofer then asks for a number of speakers, tell it that first just i case.
    or it could be coming out of both speakers for the surround back channel as there is one amp shared between both speaker outputs outputting the same sound!

3. ReggieDaMole

ReggieDaMole
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that was it - the same sound is coming out of both speakers 2 working as one. Got it all setup and watched Attack of the Clones last night - WOW! :D