1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 668AV and problems with HDMI – DVI after upgrading the firmware

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RikardC, Jan 31, 2005.

1. RikardC

Standard Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

I have made some investigations in trying to solve or find out the cause to a problem related to HDMI -> DVI on the Pioneer 668 after upgrading the firmware from 1.406(16) to 1.506(16).

My 668 is connected to a Benq PE7800 projector by HDMI – DVI. Before upgrading the Pioneer firmware there was no problem running HDMI – DVI and the 668 was indicating that the HDMI was initialized. Now with the new firmware I do not have proper function on the 668 and the signal from HDMI will not work with the PE7800. The PE7800 scans for signal on the DVI connector but the 668 will not accept the connection and the result is no signal…

I have tried connecting the 668 to Sanyo PLV-Z3 over HDMI at it works fine. The 668 indicates HDMI connection and I can se the movie. I have tested my PE7800 with HDMI – DVI on Denon 3910 and it worked fine as well, the PE7800 was showing the movie regardless resolution/interlaced or progressive signal.
    All tests were done with the same cable for HDMI – HDMI or DVI signal so I there can not be any fault in the cable.

Have anyone find out the same problem?