1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 668 + yam A2

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Zoidy, Feb 7, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Zoidy

Zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got a pioneer 668 today. also got a nice digi coax and stereo phono's to connect the 2 up (before i was using optical for movies and music) i get 2 chan stereo fine. but no DD/DTS (/me looks at the vanwel post, yes i see it, but no answer there as its not the same :) )

i have tried every setting on the dvd player.. well im pretty sure i have. i have tried another dvd player. i have also tried other leads. all i get is the chan audio being turned into pro logic by the A2. so it all points to the yamaha a2 i would assume. i have played with the settings on the A2 but havent been able to get any DD output

the 2 channel stereo leads are connected from the dvd stereo output to the dvd stereo input on the A2. the digital coax is on the digi coax output on the pioneer and the coax digi input on the yamaha A2

the A2's DVD input is currently set to auto and it is detecting analog. (i get no sound from the other input settings)

the pioneer 668 settings are as follows.

Audio DRC : off
    Virtual surround : off
    channel level : fix

Digital out : on
    Dolby digital out : on
    DTS out : on
    Linear pcm out : down sample on
    MPEG : MPEG > pcm

those are all the

the above are the default settings i think.. i reverted back due to none of my changes sorting the problem..

anyone able to shed some light on this?

2. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    The digital input on the amp is still assigned to the dvd input ?

If so have you tried disconnecting the analogue leads to see if the amp then locks on to the digital signal ?

3. Zoidy

Zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    assigned? there is 2 coax inputs 1 for dvd and 1 for cd.

i think in my swapping leads about i did try without analogue leads, but not sure so will go check :)

4. Zoidy

Zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just tried.. no difference :(

5. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Actually remembering back the DVD coax input isn`t also marked LD is it ?

If so its an RF input for a Laser disc player, Which means you need to use the CD coax input for your DVD player.

6. Zoidy

Zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes it is dvd/ld coax input.. i will try the cd coax input then.. brb ;)

7. Zoidy

Zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    great thats sorted it. tbh though i did try that earlier but obviously had the wrong settings on the dvd player at the time.. else i wouldnt have sat here writing such an easy to solve post heheh

sounds much better through digi coax than did optical. might also have somethign to do with the new player :D

so when watching movies i have to have input source set to cd. should i also move the analogue connections to the cd input? or leave them on dvd.. not sure if they will interfer with each other ?!?!

thanks carlos ive been playing with this thing for over 3 hours now, i feel so dumb hehe ;)

8. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,200

:smashin: no problem i`ve been there myself, Daft design not having a coaxial DVD input :rolleyes:

I don`t think it matters if you use the CD or DVD input for the analogue connections ?

9. Zoidy

Zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mmm ok :D

yer the A2 is not the best machine ever .. im looking at a meridian processor upgrade.. but im trying to put a stop to my upgrading for a while.. 4 months and its my bday.. will have to replace the yamaha then me thinks

anyways.. thanks again m8 :)