1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 668..16.9 small image via my Infocus??Why??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by straitsman1, Oct 16, 2005.

1. straitsman1

straitsman1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hiya all....I really could do with a some info on why through HDMI i have a "small picture"..... some/a lot of my dvd movies when played through my Infocus 4805 PJ.....via HDMI from Pioneer 668...dont fill the screen....i have tried 16.9...."letterbox" setting (on the PJ)....Why wont the screen fill???....Its doing my heed in!!!....
    I have huge black bars at the bottom and top....is it the Pioneers output setting???...on the display it reads 576p???...Whats all this talk about upscaling??..Does that mean it "enlarges" the screen size to fit my screen???...Or have i got summat wrong here...i just want to enlarge the picture.Can some one please help...i really would appreciate it. :thumbsup:....Barry

2. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Hi Barry,

I think it is simply the aspect ratio of the picture on the DVD's you are watching giving you the black bars. Check out the FAQ of the projector forum here , Understanding Aspect Ratios.

Basically you will probably find that the DVD's are in 2.35:1 aspect ration which will always give black bars on a normal 16:9 screen. This is the same on almost all my DVD's using my Infocus 5700 on my 16:9 screen.

Cheers

Andy

3. Mike_pt

Mike_pt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if I have my player at 576p and the projector at pixel to pixel mode it won't fill the screen either, just a square in the middle. put the projector in anamorfic mode/aspect ratio and it will.

4. straitsman1

straitsman1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

5. straitsman1

straitsman1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    LFCRules....."Basically you will probably find that the DVD's are in 2.35:1 aspect ration which will always give black bars on a normal 16:9 screen. This is the same on almost all my DVD's using my Infocus 5700 on my 16:9 screen".
    Thanks...i get ya....but it seems a shame to buy a huge screen and PJ when the Dvds dont "fill it"....Whats the point!!!.....due to the 2.35:1 format of the films they stay "small"........I really have only had this problem when i decided to use the HDMI input connection of the PJ ......I went out n bought a 5Metre HDMI lead to try HDMI......I am sure at 1st through component i didnt have as much trouble...most films "played" large ie:full screen