Pioneer 656a

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by martin day, May 17, 2005.

1. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know the 656a is quite old now but I am about to buy a DVD writer to transfer my miniDV films onto DVD.

I know that there can be probs with DVD's reading various formats (I found that it wouldn't view photos saved from daughters digital camera to CD) JPEG I think these would be? So has anybody else got this DVD and played DVD's burned from a PC? If so what format where they and if poss what make of disc as I know that this can sometimes cause a prob too.

Thanks for any advice.

ps Is there anyway that this thread can go in Camcorders as well?

2. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Sometimes, an older player just cannot play certain discs/formats, buy the burner and cross your fingers. Worst of all, a new player will be required, though they cost buttons today and will do lots more.
    I have a Yamaha DVD-S550 which plays most discs, and amongst others a £20 player from ASDA which, apart from being noisy is great!
    Sorry if this isn't the comprehensive response, but most players handle recorded media vastly differently, the cheaper players often the best.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I've got the 656 and think it is a great player for the money. It has played every disc I have ever put in it - DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-A, SACD, DVD-V, VCD, SVCD, MP3.

A full list of what it should play can be found Here

Mark.

4. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have the 655A (which is the Australian model).

Have not had a failure yet with Ritek -R (G04) or Datalife +R. And various +/- RW.
    All burnt with Nero.

5. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys thanks for all your replies. I will now take the plunge and buy my dvd writer.