1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 656a

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by martin day, May 14, 2004.

1. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody used the SACD/DVDA functions on this yet? I connected mine to my Pioneer VSXD811 with phono leads and tried a 'test' CD that I got from Play.com. It stated that most tracks were either in 4.0 5.0 or 5.1 but when I play all I get is sound from front two speakers? Can anybody give me any advice on set up if they have this equipment.

Thanks
    Martin.

2. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    On a 565 and 757, I have had to set the audio out to 5.1 instead of 2, from what I remember it is in the general audio menu as well as relating to multi channel SACD etc.
    So set both to 5.1, if you then watch a movie via scart the centre dialogue is lost so you will need to keep swapping between the two settings or leave it set to 5.1 and allways use the amp.

3. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I have had some success with the SACD connexions now as I was getting sound from all speakers but I had to really turn my rear speakers up loud to get any benefit is this the norm?

Your other point is interestingabout losing sound. I watched a movie after playing SACD and had to reset the signal on the amp to 'digital' as it was still on 5.1 analogue. This seemed fine but...when I watched the deleted scenes part of the disc the talking was out of sync with the person on the screen.

Any ideas on this one? I know it's got something to do with SACD as I never had any problems with movies before resetting my AMP!!