Pioneer 656

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rookies, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    I know a few of you say this is a good player

But what is the layer change like on it? I currently own a Pioneer 636 and thinking of upgrading.

I have had my eyes set on the Sony 905 but am still very unsure

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your 636 is working fine, and no problems with playback- I would say leave it. I have 1st gen DVD player, and it seems brand new DVD players costing twice the price as my player (Arcam, Denon) have more problems.

3. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I went from the 626 to the 656 and the PQ looks better to me...i think the sound is about the same....have not noticed any real diff.....and the layer change is the same.............unless you want all the extra formats it can support, i would say stick with the 636 for a couple more years.........IMO the 626/636 etc etc, looks better than the 656, altough i am getting used to it...but i do miss my ol 626....think i might have to go buy it back.

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Thanks guys for your reply

I do agree that the 636 is a better looking player.

The reason why I though about a upgrade is so i can get full shadow and colours. As when I do the THX test I dont get the drop shadow, well i dont think i do anyway.

Even though my 636 is playing very well nothing wrong with it really looks brand new etc.

Maybe hold on for a bit then