1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 656 sticks-help me please!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sallyb, Aug 17, 2005.

1. sallyb

sallyb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: hello,
    i have a pioneer 656A dvd player,but am having trouble with playback,i have dvd back-ups and divx movies( which i have transcoded to dvd)which play fine on my cheapo dvd player,but in the pioneer iget skips or hangs and it generally leads to an anxious viewing experience.Can anyone help?Dont know how to start really-thanks

2. pharris007

pharris007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    HI.

Dont know really, the only thing i can relate to is that i had an early pioneer player that did the same thing, it tended to stick on movies.

I sent it to the shop and they said it was the laser! it worked out cheeper to buy a new one! :eek:

3. ash71

ash71
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Wish mine would do this so I could say it's knackered and justify buying a Marantz DV7600!

Sorry thats no help to you is it!

How is doing with regular DVD's? is it doing the same thing? It's quite an old machine now and not compatible with some of the newer formats, or at least is rather more choosy as to what it will play.