Pioneer 656 - R1 We Were Soldiers - Problems

Buckster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wondered whether anyone had had problems with this DVD with a Pioneer 656 ? When it gets to the start of the second chapter - the picture goes completely (get no signal on TV) but sound continues fine - does it other places in the film too. The whole of chapter 2 will not play even if you fast forward or rewind to it. Worked perfectly on my Pioneer 535 - all other R2 and R1 including RCE disks are working OK.

Any ideas ? I'm going to take the DVD into the shop where I bought it from to test it on another player.

Other than that, I am more than pleased with this DVD player - the picture on the non anamoprhic titanic was a better picture than I ever got from any DVD on my 535 ! Lost the vertical banding I always used to get on panning shots too. Biggest surprise is the CD-quality, via the analogue stereo phono outs - is better than my Sony CD player.

Mark.

Originally posted by Buckster
Biggest surprise is the CD-quality, via the analogue stereo phono outs - is better than my Sony CD player.

If you want to see exactly what this is capable off get the Eric Clapton / BB King, Riding with the King on DVDA and replay without the multi channel mix on.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom