• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer 650 and AV output

Kirkm

Standard Member
Recently I bought a Pioneer 650 and found it would play DivX (AVI) disks.
I've also got a second Pioneer (an older 720) and thought it would be useful to backup some of my AVI disks to it's hard drive.

I connected the yellow (composite video) and 2 audio feeds from the 650 line out to the 720's front Line in connectors.

I found it would copy everything *except* the AVI disks. As soon as they started playing the screen went blank.(By everything, I mean the disk nav screen and anything coming through the tuner, of off the HD.)

These AVI files are home movies made via my computer and burnt to a DVD-R disk so there's no commercial copy protection involved.

Why does the video shut down while recording these AVI disks? The same signal line works, e.g as a input source for the TV. I understand this is expected from a Macrovision encoded disk, but this is 'clean' composite video, isn't it?

I'm very curious why this happens and if there's a solution.
Thanks for any info,

Kirk.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom