1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 630 and Humax 9200 Svideo problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by merlynn, Oct 26, 2005.

1. merlynn

merlynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to be having a problem getting a Pioneer 630h dvd recorder to recognizing the Svideo from the Humax pvr 9200 pvr's vcr outlet. I am using a switchable scart to Svideo socket/Rca adaptor at the Humax end and I am using a Svideo lead and 2 rca leads to connect to the Pioneers inputs.
    I have tried all sorts of settings and even tried another adaptor and leads but the picture is almost black and white on the recording with just a few color bits here and there.
    I have ordered a Scart to Svideo/rca lead just in case the adaptors are the problem although i can't see how that could be.
    Any suggestions please

2. HHGTTG

HHGTTG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Which Line In are you using on you DVD 630, not that I'm sure it would make a difference. L3 would have been my choice though.

Have you not tried a Scart-to-Scart connection?

3. kdp99

kdp99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I have the same problem with a Pioneer 5100 if I use the front input, if I use the scart input all is fine.

4. Phantom Phixer

Phantom Phixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the same problem with my DVR-530. I have tried a scart to s-video lead and a scart to s-video adaptor plug used with an s-video lead neither worked. The adaptor plug gave the same effect as you describe - black and white with a few patches of colour. The converter lead did not give any colour.

A Hi-8 camcorder connected from its s-video output with no need of adaptors worked perfectly.

The results wre the same whether using the L3 input on the rear or the front connections.

5. merlynn

merlynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is exactly the problem i am having on both inputs.
    If i feed a SVHS video into the inputs it is okay and if i feed the output from the Humax to a tv Svideo input it is okay it is just a problem when fed into the Pioneer.
    I cannot use the Scart input on the Pioneer because i am already using it for a Freeview tuner.

6. Phantom Phixer

Phantom Phixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I forgot to mention that my problem occured when connecting a freeview box, the scart being used by my Sky receiver. I tried two different freeview boxes, a Pioneer and a Philips.

7. davidhh77

davidhh77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have never had any success getting any signal into the S-video inputs on my 530H. I always get either a purple cast to the image or black and white as you've found. I've given up and now use a SCART switching box. Bit of a disappointment on an otherwise good machine.

David

8. foneman

foneman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I cant help with the pioneer, but on my tosh xs32, I had problems with cheap s-video adapters - some wires are left out!!

also if your box is as 'strange' as my Sky box, the scart switching can make you think it is working, when it is the scart 'loopthtru' that is confusing things - I thought I was getting s-video from sky, but it was the loopthru from my s-vhs VCR, thru the DVD!! - I have them all 'daisy-chained' and controlled by scart switching..

9. GPF

GPF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I could be wrong as it's never happened to me, but I've read (on the Internet so it must be true <grin>) that some Toppys were delivered with macrovision permanently on.

This sounds like it *could* be a Macrovision copy protection problem, I haven't (yet) read of any other instances affected Hummys.