1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 626 RCE advice wanted

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Radioactive__Man, Apr 1, 2001.

1. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Sold my old and well respected Pioneer to a friend a few months ago, he tried to watch an RCE title the other night and couldn't.

It has the sprinter mod if I can recall which is auto switching [bought from Techtronics I think !, bad memory or what [​IMG]]

If someone could advise me I will pass on the info to him. The DVD was Hollow Man BTW.

Thanks in advance.

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Oh dear I was hoping for some kinda reply tonight, but it seems the traffic has been dropping off dramatically recently [​IMG]

I guess that's one more ex-friend

3. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably not of much use, but I have a 626 modified by LinkOnline. It's manual for setting the region, via the Setup menus, and I've never had a problem playing any disk, RCE or otherwise. I have heard that manual setups, whilst a pain sometimes, stand a much better chance of defeating the RCE stuff.

But try putting in an R1 disk that you know DOES play, letting the player change to R1 automatically, and then put in your RCE disk. I know this method works for some players.

4. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for the replies, I previously had a self modified Pioneer A350 which was totally manual, I bought the Pioneer cause I was getting ****ed off at having to go into the parental lock to change regions, then RCE was born [​IMG]

I'll forward him the comment on the "warm up" R1 disc method.

5. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only idea I can think of is some of these mods can be changed from auto to manual selection. ie you have to type in a code to change from 1 region to another. If you have this facility there is normally a greater chance of getting an RCE disk to play.

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I've got a fairly old Pioneer DV525 with a mod, and was upset about RCEs not playing (especially as I had just bought 2 RCE discs). Anyway, I just tried the warm boot mentioned, set the DVD to R1, popped Terminator 2 R1 disc in, ejected, popped Charlies Angels in and it plays.

Thanks for the advice!!

John