Pioneer 626 Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Michael Daniels, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Michael Daniels

Michael Daniels

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Pioneer DV626D DVD player that is connected to my Sony STRDB925 Amp via the optical connector, now when ever I play a disc in Dolby Digital (I have not mamaged to get DTS to work, it always comes on with DD)the sound goes on and off at regular intervals (about 2 times a second) now this never used to happen with my Sony 725 DVD player, is this a faulty Pioneer? I have also tried using the coax connection as well but still get the same results. Can any body help me as this is driving me crazy :-(

Sorry if this is simple to answer but I am a bit of a newbie to all of this :)

Mike :rolleyes:

2. dgj

dgj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the basis you have got the set up menue on the 626 set to DTS out and yuo select DTS on the DVD disc, then check the amp next with another player (if possible), or, using the 626 try sterio playback or MPEG to see if the same thing happens in which case its the amp, or, take the 626 back to be checked. if the 626 checks out, then you know it must be the amp.

3. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dgj is right. I have a 626 also, and I think the default for dts output is OFF. It's in the SETUP menu, under Audio2 if I remember correctly.

4. Michael Daniels

Michael Daniels

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I have tried a few other things....

DTS is set on in the menu as well as Digital out, I have also connected the 626 to my TV which also has DD/DVD Decoding at it works fine on there, so I thought it could be the Amp, so I connected a Sony CD Player to the optical in on the Amp and this was fine but only stereo, so could it be the AMP just not doing multi channel decode?
    I will try and get my mate to bring his DVD over so I can try that as well :)
    Mike

5. Michael Daniels

Michael Daniels

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oopps, forgot to mention I got the DTS to work, but was still getting the same problem with the sound :-(

Mike

6. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Very strange but if the TV decodes correctly I would think the amp is faulty or there is come compability problem between the DVD player and the amp.
    Try selecting the sound format at the amp manually and see, perhaps the auto-detect is not working ...

7. Michael Daniels

Michael Daniels

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly, thanks for all of your help so far... I have tried setting the sound field manually and even in just stereo (which worked for the CD Player) it still exhibits the same problem, could it be because the DVD player is 96kHz and the Amp only handles 48kHz (?) even though I have told the DVD to downmix to 48hz in its menu ?

Many thanks

Mike

[ 26-06-2001: Message edited by: Michael Daniels ]

[ 26-06-2001: Message edited by: Michael Daniels ]