Pioneer 608 plasma and LX-SC57 receiver using only 1 remote

apetrov1x5

Novice Member
This is probably my first post here, but I have been reading a while.

I replaced recently my 505XDE plasma and AX-5 receiver with 608 plasma and SC57 receiver.

With old setup, I could use the receiver's universal remote to control both plasma and receiver.

With the new setup, I used 1 HDMI cable to connect my HTPC to the receiver, then another HDMI from receiver to plasma. It didn't work for me as expected/advertised - I enabled control via HDMI and it only worked when I would switch OFF TV, the receiver would go OFF as well - so this is as I wanted it.

Turning ON with one button did not work though, only TV would turn on, the receiver would go into passthrough mode so the picture from the PC would be displayed on TV. Then I would turn ON the receiver, the picture on the TV would disappear, the receiver would go OFF and I would have to turn On TV and receiver again, each with own remote.

I ended up usig HDMI cable from PC directly to TV, optical cable from PC to receiver for sound. It works, but I feel that is not how it should work, I am sure it can work from one remote with 2 buttons (like on my old setup) or even better just one remote, one button.

Anyone managed to control their Pioneer fleet via one remote (TV or receiver)?

cydavidho

I don’t have pioneer receiver. Have you tried google ‘KURO link‘? There are a lot of existing forum articles talk about it.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom