pioneer 575a and panny37pe30 no prog output!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Sideshow, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Sideshow

Sideshow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi guys was wondering if anyone has the same set up as me (dvd player and Tv) The problem is this although the plasma says it can accept progressive scan and the pioneer dvd player outputs progressive scan when they are both set like this there is no image on the screen.

The only way i can get a image is if i set the dvd player to interlaced for composite input to the plasma, or rgb via a scart.

Think i read somewhere that this is the correct way to set it as the plasma has its own method of taking the interlaced signal and turning it into a progressive scan signal!

Correct me if i,m wrong cos the whole progressive scan interlacing issue is a bit of a hazy subject to me. :confused:

thanks

2. Sideshow

Sideshow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    sorry guys its a pioneer 565a not the 575,

Its the night shift getting to me! :eek:

3. osmyth

osmyth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I believe that it will only accept Progressive via Component, not Composite or Scart.
    If you pass Interlaced via any input then the pe30 will de-interlace the signal itself, so what you are comparing is the pe30 deinterlacing abilities (via any input) against the DVD players (Prog via Component).
    Owen.

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Yes, progresive from this player can only be seen Via componenet in put on the plasma.
    Also once you have set this up, If you have a button on the front or on the remote controll to activate progresive, try switching it on and off to see if it actually gives you a better picture. You may find that the Plasma does a better job than the dvd player :)

5. Sideshow

Sideshow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    yes guys sorry i meant it can be seen via component not composite ( it was early hours of the morning in Brazil when i posted that) :boring:

So i guess what you are saying is that when the dvd player ouputs a interlaced signal to the plasma the plasma the de-interlaces the signal, is this the same as a pure progressive ouput from the dvd player?

Also seen some similar post on the site about the 565, saying it can only give a progressive output if its playing a NTSC disc and PAL will not work, i think this could be the case because the disc i tried on progressive was a PAL disc, giving a black screen, but i was also unable to see any of the dvd player menues so it was a struggle getting the player back onto interlaced mode. surely this aint right! :confused: