Quantcast

Pioneer 575

tolmie

I have a Pioneer 575 DVD player with a Panasonic PD50, I got IXOS component cables the other day and the picture thru the prog scan is awesome, cant beleive how good it is, cant see how you can better it to be honest, is HDMI that much better than component?

Cheers

PJTX100

tolmie said:
is HDMI that much better than component?

Cheers
Sometime yes, sometimes no. Depends on the player and the display device. The Pioneer 575 is a very tough act to beat though...PJ

John

Is Richers still the best place to pick up the 575 . Hoping to pick one up later this week

John

the mechanic

Novice Member
johnscarlet said:
Is Richers still the best place to pick up the 575 . Hoping to pick one up later this week

John
AFAIK, yes, in fact its about the only place unless anyone knows better.

Since owning mine I can see detail in movies I've watched countless times that I've missed before on "lesser" players.
Sound quality is tops aswell. Great player for a great price if you ask me... :thumbsup: ...

TTFN,
Graham.

John

Will give Watford and MK a call tomorrow ,
ta muchly
John

John

Will give Watford and MK a call tomorrow ,
ta muchly
John

Dean

I'm probably one of the few ppl on this forum using the onboard DD and DTS on the Pio 575 going to an old Yamaha, have to say thats pretty great too!

A

av2diefor

I know this has been mentioned before, but i cant get the 575 to force component out.

It plays on scart/s-video and the setup looks to have been made, also tv is set to component but no picture.
I cant find the manual, but basically i have went into initial settings, selected video out on av out and then selected component.

I havnt spent loads of time on this as the kids are telling me off for messing about when they are trying to watch something :)

Iwill have to get up early tomorrow if some kind soul can point me in the right direction, please?

the mechanic

Novice Member
av2diefor,
Go into INITIAL SETTINGS~VIDEO OUTPUT~AV CONNECTOR OUT then set it to VIDEO. Next highlight COMPONENT OUT and set it to PROGRESSIVE (if your display handles prog-scan that is). You will then notice the option for AV CONNECTOR OUT is greyed out and you can't highlight it.
You will have to manually change the AV input on the TV to whatever the component input is, and then disconnect the scart as you wont need it any more.

Hopefully this will sort it out for you.

Good luck,

Graham.

PS, with AV CONNECTOR OUT set to VIDEO you can still get a picture, but will only be in composite. For whatever reason it won't output RGB thru scart and a component output at the same time ??

A

av2diefor

Cheers for that Graham,
well up early this morning and i did manage to get a picture on component, :clap:

Slightly better than S-video, maybe not enough to warrant getting up at 5.00am :)

Didnt last long though, i think the cables are faulty, so back to s-vid for now.

the mechanic

Novice Member
av2diefor said:
Cheers for that Graham,
well up early this morning and i did manage to get a picture on component, :clap:

Slightly better than S-video, maybe not enough to warrant getting up at 5.00am :)

Didnt last long though, i think the cables are faulty, so back to s-vid for now.
Glad to be of help. RE the cable, get as good a quality as you can afford. I use a 1mt QED P-CV1 (cost about £45) and find it great with PQ.

TTFN,
Graham.

Top Bottom