1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 575

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by meath man, Feb 15, 2005.

1. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Just received the pioneer 575 today from richer sounds belfast
    Unbelievably i received the terrible looking black model, although it gave the picture and also description of the silver one on the website. im sending it back tomorrow and i am going to refuse to pay for the post and package because its their fauld not mine. Anybody had a similar experience?
    ?

2. jon_mendel

jon_mendel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You may well already know this but (if I remember rightly) under the Sales of Goods act 1979, as amended, you've got the right to a full refund if the goods are not as described (including cosmetic defects) - this should include what you paid for p&p. I *think* under distance selling regulations the seller should also cover return postage (or, of course, let you keep the goods ;) )

That said, hopefully RS will be reasonable anyway; just might be useful to mention their legal obligations if they're awkward.

Best of luck,

Jon

3. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My advice is, stay away from Richer Sounds in future. They are better at selling sweets than AV equipment.

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I bought mine from Richer - I wanted a black one but couldn't get one - rare as hen's teeth they said!
    In defence of Richer I have no qualms buying from them (visiting the shop - no experience online). They seem to be as cheap as anywhere, have a very good extended warranty offer, and I've had no problem whatsoever getting a refund or exchange within 7 days of purchase if needed.
    Basically, if Richer happen to have the item I'm after, I'll buy it from them. Period...PJ :thumbsup:

5. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Bought a couple of things from Richer Sounds, my first kenwood home cinema amp, celestion speakers (before I knew any better!) and some cheap speaker cable. They were the cheapest at the time, the customer service was excellent, my amp seemed not to work, they loaned me a better one for a few days, checked out the problem and it turned out I was using a faulty cable! When i went to pick the amp up, they gave me a new cable free of charge, even though I hadn't bought the original from there.

They're not perfect but have helped a lot of people get on ladder of hifi and home cinema, me for one, and now the stuff I buy is above the level of what Richers normally supplies, but if I'm in the market for a cheap bargain, I have no qualms with using them. naturally i wouldn't buy a plasma from them.

6. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Interesting comment. Why not? (not that I'm planning on getting one)...PJ

7. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    coz already have one!!

Sorry, seriously, I've heard rumours of how they're stored (flat as opposed to upright), plus my local dealer gave a fantastic demonstration, great service and personal delivery. Richers due to the way they are set up, struggle to match that level. However for smaller, less expensive items, they CAN be up there with the best (not always though).

8. Ian C.

Ian C.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I wanted a black 575, was going to get one
    from superhifi online but the flicker problem
    they seem to have on crt sets has put me off.
    I was looking at the bottom of the range Denon1910
    or 2200 are they as good as Pioneer.More concerned
    with picture quality than sound.I really want confirmation
    that Pioneer is the one to stick with.(dont ask why) :thumbsup:

9. Philly112

Philly112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,479
    Guys, come on, what do you want?? The 575 plays every disc you will ever want to throw at it, SACD, DVD/A ,DVDR + and -, R AND RW, DIVX, MP3's, JPEGs, clothes pegs blah, blah.
    Now, if you don't want this lot, then don't buy one! But you can't compare it with similar or more expensive players that don't play these discs.
    There are loads of threads on this - the 575 is a basically a VERY cheap way into DVD Audio and SACD, nothing more, nothing less. It does pretty good NTSC progressive scan, not so good PAL prog scan. If you're not interested in multi channel surround sound, go for a 'cheap' Denon (and the 2200 SACD and DVDA player by the way can't in any way be considered a competitor to the Pioneer given the price differential!)
    Don't believe you will get the best ever player you will ever see for £100!!
    By the way, I bought one to fill the gap before HD DVD comes in.
    And I have SACD, DVDA and DIVX discs, and consider it the best thing I have ever bought! But if you don't have those dics, it's maybe not for you.
    Rant over!!
    Phil

10. Ian C.

Ian C.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Er thats the cheap Denons binned then!575 it is Phil :clap:

11. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That was exactly what I was thinking when I bought my pionner 575.

12. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    yup i bought a silver one from the RS shop in Liverpool, I have bought many things from RS in the past, and they always have been brilliant with me whenever I have had any problems.One I bought a Audio Innovations System Alto cd player/amp from them, had a buzzing sound i didnt like, so they replaced it, turns out all of the units had this buzzing sound (a common fault), so their engineer fixed my replacement one and did a fantastic job. I dont have a bad word to say about RS the guys in the liverpool branch are quality :)

13. rickardl

rickardl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    What buzzing sound is that? is it heard all the time??
    I have had a 575 since June 2004 but I have not heard any
    buzzing sound.
    But it does whir and make some noise when loading, shifting tracks/files etc.
    (it does not flicker on my TV (s-video) or projector (component)...)

14. Philly112

Philly112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,479
    Think that if you read the post again you'll find the buzzing sound was from the Audio Innovations stuff... :oops:
    Phil