1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 575 vs Cambridge Audio Azur 540D

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by QuackingChicken, Aug 5, 2004.

1. QuackingChicken

QuackingChicken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I am in the process of upgrading my Marantz 4100OSE. Unluckily for Richer Sounds they sold me a guarantee that will give me £200 trade in on a new player. I am looking to choose between the Pioneer 575 and the Cambridge Audio Azur 540D. Does anyone have any opinions as to what is the better player. The real difference in cost to me will only be £30 due to the trade in, so price difference is not an issue.

Many thanks

2. bossc@

bossc@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Oddly enough I got rid of my Marantz 4100 OSE a couple of weeks ago in favour of the Pioneer 575. (I gave the Marantz to the in laws for their bedroom). Can't comment of the Cambridge but I'm fairly sure if you search on here there will be plenty of posts on it and Richers affiliation with the Cambridge brand is well documented. I'm more than happy with the player and its image and can recommend it - coupled to a Panasonic 5 series plasma.

3. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,145
    If you're viewing an interlaced picture and don't have any SACD's, the Cambridge does have better exterior build/remote and the CD performance is normally commented on as very good. The 575 has a better progressive image and SACD playback but feels cheaper and less solid than the 540D.

4. QuackingChicken

QuackingChicken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not really concerned with their affiliation as such. Just which is the better player.

I was wondering how far DVD players have moved in resent years. Does the £150 575 out perform the Marantz 4100?