1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 575 to Denon 2200/2900. A worthwhile move?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Radiohead, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    I've got a Pioneer 575 player that I'm fairly happy with picture wise, but not that happy with for CD playback or build quality. Space considerations mean that I must sell my CD player (a £200 Sony CDP-930 that's 4 years old) and have one player for DVD and CD use.

With that change in mind I've been offered a new Denon DVD-2200 for £399, or a new DVD-2900 for £550.

My question to the forums - I'm assuming that I'd see some increase with DVD-V, and a significant increase with CD, SACD and DVD-A. Is this assumption correct. I'm aware that the Pioneer will handle more disc formats but I don't listen to MP3 apart from my iPod, and don't use SVCD etc.

Is the move a worthwhile one, and is the 2900 significanly better than the 2200.

The rest of my kit is in my sig if that helps.

2. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I know you want to go to 1 box but have you considered adding a DAC to the 575? You can hide it behind the rack out of site.

Gus

3. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    petertyson have the 220 for 380, if I remember correctly.

4. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Will I took the plunge and went for a 2900 at £558 multi-region in silver. It was ony £150 more than the 2200 and I knew I'd regret not spending the extra months down the line.

My God it's an improvement. The picture is nothing short of stunning and my jaw literally hit the floor when I loaded up the first SACD. I'm gobsmacked at how good it is. Not too shabby with CD's either.

I'm still in a state of shock.