1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 575 SACD problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sambobo, Jan 31, 2005.

1. sambobo

sambobo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi guys, i've just bought a pioneer 575 and some creative 5500 5.1 speakers. the setup works great whn playing dvds or cds through the coxial inputs but SACD output is only supported through the analogue outputs on the player, and there are no such inputs on the 5500's decoder?

does anybody know of a work around for this? or should i just plump for some cheap £20 speakers that will plug directly into the 575?

cheers

Sam

2. AgeOwns

AgeOwns
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can only get SACD and DVD-A through the analogue channels... apparently it's an anti piracy thing. And of course, you creative amp won't decode SACD, it's the player that does that.

Just brought a couple of SACDs for my 575... sound good, loving the depth of field. It does not sound gimmicky as i feared. ..just a shame that their is very little choice in the way of SACDs, unless you like, The Rolling Stones/Peter Gabrial/Mike Oldfield...or classical of course!