1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 575 Question (for other Pioneer Owners?)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RichieB, Dec 10, 2004.

1. RichieB

RichieB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi All,

Took the plunge yesterday and picked up the Pioneer DV-575 from Richer Sounds. Impressed with it so far (aprt from disc load times - make a cup of coffee while loading Star Wars Ep2!!!) but I think it could do with some piccie tweaks.

My question:
    My previous machine was a Pioneer DV-414 and this had a 'mode' function which would allow for the following picture tweaks: Cinema, Animation and another which I can't recall.

Basically I always had this set to 'Cinema'. Is there any equivelent set up in the 575? I tried setting the 'Gamma' to high (and that seemd to produce similar results) but I was concerned that this processes the picture in some way that reduces detail or causes colour problems.

The bottom line is that the number of picture tweaks are frightening!!! If there is no equivelent of 'Cinema' what would people recomend for a CRT picture to get the best out of it?

Thanks,

RichieB

2. beecee

beecee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    i've just upgraded my DV 414 for a 575.....(well i take delivery on christmas morning from my GF)

i cant really comment just yet, as i've just had the machine to 'test it' before she took it away to wrap. but ther is a lot more display setting than the good old 414, you could try tweaking your tv.

3. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    on my 575 i just used a thx setup disc to adjust the settings, then tweeked them a bit to my liking

4. RichieB

RichieB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    414 is a terrific workhorse, isn't it. My only problem is a bit of disc sensetivity and it has started to reject CD's. Hope you enjoy yours on Xmas day!!!

I'll try some TV setting as well as the THX set up suggested by jtf.

I just find so many settings bewildering and wondered how others had got on.... What is Gamma correction, anyhow!! :blush: :D

5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,907
    I was wondering whether my player was faulty or not (Pioneer DV470) as it takes about 3mins to load Star Wars Episode 2 but sounds like a commen thing with Pioneer players.

6. RichieB

RichieB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    It used to be quick enough with my 414 - I think that the 470 and 575 are cursed :eek: The Matrix also takes an age to load. I was thinking of contacting Pioneer as this is something I'm not too happy about...

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,907
    Is that the original Matrix release or from the new Boxset as I didnt have any trouble loading The Matrix out of my Region 1 Ultimate Collection.

8. beecee

beecee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    try upgrading the firmware, there is a thread about it, its supposed to fix the speed issues of the player. i'll be doing that christmas morning as i have got the upgrade and burnt the disc. so hopefully that will be that.

and RitchieB yep the 414 is excellent for 2nd gen machine, i've had no issues at all ever and the only reason i'm upgrading (after nearly 5 years) is that i want a prog scan player, i was quite lucky that when i got my first PJ the 414 has component (interlace) output.

9. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    i have upgrade the firmware on my 575 most discs take at the most 30 secs to load up, the matrix old edition still took about a minute to load, still had problems playing indiana jones and the last crusade r1 , it still stuters and locks up at the scenes as the croos the bridge just befor they enter the church, it locked up at that point in my tosh as well

10. beecee

beecee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    maybe i'll hold onto my 414 aswell then.....never had a problem playing any disc ever, never stuttered, froze or took ages to load. so much for players getting better with each generation!

11. vectrasri99

vectrasri99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Starwars 2 takes about 20 secs "Loading", this is a reg 2 but all other discs reg1 or 2 are very quick.

As an upgrade to progressive scan be prepared to be disappointed as on Pal it is not good. NTSC progressive does appear to be better which makes me wonder if its is doing much on Pal.

M

12. RichieB

RichieB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I'll give that a go..... Cheers