pioneer 575 problem!

snappyq

Established Member
Reaction score
hi ive had a 575 for a couple of years now and have had no problems,however i have noticed everytime i try and change from dd to dts the player says 'depending on the disc this operation may be prohibited' now the disc i question was pulp fiction so i treid a few others all with the same results, not only that but i couldn't get dts and i couldn't get any commentaries as well, if i went into the main menu on the disc and it had a feature to change the audio then it worked fine but otherwise i could only get the audio that was present even though it would say 1 0f 2 or 3 usually u scroll through and pick the one u want,does it sound like the dvd player is knackered?has anybody else had this problem with the 575 and can anybody think of any ways to try and fix it,im running the audio coaxil cable to a denon amp
cheers in advance for any help given

im even more cracked up now,updated firmware,still no difference thought i would try a few more dts discs the beatles anthology played ok so did speed back to the future didn't so it cant be the player otherwise it wouldn't play any of them,right?
so it must be the discs but im sure ive watched them all before in dts

snappyq said:
im even more cracked up now,updated firmware,still no difference thought i would try a few more dts discs the beatles anthology played ok so did speed back to the future didn't so it cant be the player otherwise it wouldn't play any of them,right?
so it must be the discs but im sure ive watched them all before in dts

I have a few discs which will not let me change to DTS whilst playing. 'Operation prohibited by disc' displaying.
Most are OK. Thinks it is the disc! Back to the Future is OK though. (sony dvp-ns76h)

There's no problem with your 575. It's the DVD authoring that won't let you change the sountrack during playback. You'll have to go into the DVD's soundtrack menu. :smashin:

movie_fan said:
There's no problem with your 575. It's the DVD authoring that won't let you change the sountrack during playback. You'll have to go into the DVD's soundtrack menu. :smashin:

cheers for that,can you go into the soundtrack menu on every disc then? coz i did with gladiator and it was ok, but like i said with bttf theres no menu for it

snappyq said:
cheers for that,can you go into the soundtrack menu on every disc then? coz i did with gladiator and it was ok, but like i said with bttf theres no menu for it
I've got that with Apollo 13, no menu facility and it won't let me change it while playing. Stuck with Dolby.

Nobody mentioned hitting the 'audio' button located on the upper left part of the remote - should do the job while the disc is playing (without going to go back to the DVD's main menu) :confused:

ghislain said:
Nobody mentioned hitting the 'audio' button located on the upper left part of the remote - should do the job while the disc is playing (without going to go back to the DVD's main menu) :confused:

that what im on about when you press the audio buton it gives you a no of possible option dd,dts,2 channel,commentary etc but if i press the audion button to scroll through thats when i get the error message like i said only on certain discs, weird!

it's not the Pio DVD player (i have the same one) it's the DVD. some let you change, some don't. Your player is fine :smashin:

Some DVDs let you change the AUDIO track "on the fly", some are authored to say "**** off!" and you can only change it from the menu. C'est la vie!

WGLOVER said:
I've got that with Apollo 13, no menu facility and it won't let me change it while playing. Stuck with Dolby.

Have you tried the 'Languages' menu? Some DTS track options are hidden in this menu, and also appear to be the ones you can't select from the 'AUDIO' button during playback.

nipbiplip said:
Have you tried the 'Languages' menu? Some DTS track options are hidden in this menu, and also appear to be the ones you can't select from the 'AUDIO' button during playback.

Will have a look. Thanks.

nipbiplip said:

You are correct. Found it where you said.
Thanks.:smashin:

I've got a similar problem with hitchhikers, player is showing 2ch downmix not DTS.. any ideas?

ooh nice! :rotfl: but seriously why aint my pioneer 565 dvd and 915 amp doing the dts thang?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom