Pioneer 575 problem - please help!

Unlight

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been noticing that a few of my discs have been having a problem with the Pioneer 575.

A couple freeze in parts of the film (there are light scratches, but play fine in my PC dvd player).

A couple of others, such as 28 Days Later and The Last Samurai (both R2) I bought brand new, and it is skipping on them. The Last Samurai sometimes refuses to load, and when it does, keeps freezing and stuttering when I browse through chapter selections.

Anyone know what the problem could be? :(

Unlight said:
Hi there,

I've been noticing that a few of my discs have been having a problem with the Pioneer 575.

A couple freeze in parts of the film (there are light scratches, but play fine in my PC dvd player).

A couple of others, such as 28 Days Later and The Last Samurai (both R2) I bought brand new, and it is skipping on them. The Last Samurai sometimes refuses to load, and when it does, keeps freezing and stuttering when I browse through chapter selections.

Anyone know what the problem could be? :(

Hmm, did the player work ok for a month or 2 then start having this fault? I had exactly the same problem with my first 575, it would pause at random times, skip ahead at the layer change and sometimes refuse to select menu entries, instead just stopping the player. I found this problem to be intermittent and I'm now on my 2nd player hoping that this problem doesn't surface again.

allanp said:
Hmm, did the player work ok for a month or 2 then start having this fault? I had exactly the same problem with my first 575, it would pause at random times, skip ahead at the layer change and sometimes refuse to select menu entries, instead just stopping the player. I found this problem to be intermittent and I'm now on my 2nd player hoping that this problem doesn't surface again.

Hi mate,

Yep sounds like the same problem! I have had it for a couple of months now, working perfectly - its only recently its started playing up.

However, I've just taken out the power lead for 5 mins and plugged it back in, discs seem to be playing better? :suicide:

Mine seemed fine when playing from cold, almost as if it was getting too hot. Also tried a lens cleaner which seemed to fix it temporarily. Think I pulled the power cable out as well. Just out of interest, do you have a scart lead and component cables plugged in at the same time? If your player is less than 12 months old there should be no problem getting a repair or replacement. Out of interest also, where did you purchase your player from?

Hey there,

Well I'll give it a more extensive test soon. Just component cables plugged in at the moment.

It was actually purchased from the classified forums on here, however I have the reciept for it, it was purchased in July from HiFix, hopefully the warranty should still apply?

In theory the warranty should apply, just depends whether they'll honour it as you weren't the original purchaser. I'm not sure what the law says when it comes to things like that. It shouldn't really matter.

Will give them a ring tomorrow and see what can be done.

For the moment its playing ok.. touch wood!

Hi:

I noticed you have a panny PW6. I too have the same plasma. How is picture quality with the pioneer? Do you have a component board or do you connect it to the VGA input and select component?

Regards,

J. Rosado

I noticed this with my 575 the other day. It had been on a lot as I'd been testing speakers so did a lot of disc navigation and some A-B repeats. It skipped ahead a chapter on LOTR Two Towers twice in two different parts of the disc and also on a DVD-Audio. Both discs were clean as whistles.

Interestingly I tried it again from cold the other day and it was absolutely fine with the same disc. Very mysterious. It does seem to suggest an overheating issue. It's not often it's on all day but am concerned the problem will get worse - and the facility to do all-in-one LOTR / Star Wars Eps 1-6 sessions of course!

My player is out of warranty now and I would guess if the problem becomes persistent it would probably be a write-off as they're not that expensive to buy new.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom