1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 575 - Picture Problems with Progressive

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Monster, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hi

I've just plugged in my new 575. I am finding there is a sort of shadow or mirroring along the edges of light/dark images. I also notice a gritty pattern around filmed titles (eg LOTR TFOTR at the start where Frodo is sitting against the tree before Gandalf arrives. When the 'Lord of the Rings' title appears in white, the background, very close to the lettering, looks distorted. I don't think its edge enhancement.

I've taken some pictures from a calibration pattern so you can see what I mean. Just hope I can attach them. Ignore the greeness with the Progressive signal, that is just because I have not set up the PJ picture settings for progressive yet.

The projector is a Panasonic AE300.

I wondered if they were showing up because the progressive picture is so much sharper than interlaced and its just a limit of the technology?

Can't get the pictures to attach as they are too big (900k to 1003k) Anyone know how I can make them smaller????)

Thanks.

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Try reducing the size of the pictures or increase the JPEG compression. You will need to use an application such as Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photoshop. I don't think the Windows OS provides an application which lets you reduce the picture size or increase the JPEG compression.

3. kasumi

kasumi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Have the same player into a Panasonic ptlc75 projector and don't suffer any probs at all, so you shouldn't be seeing that.

'Ringing' like that sounds like it could possibly interference so first call of port would be to check all cables (try with another 75ohm cable too) & placement of the player itself as it has minimal shielding, mains supply also.

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention my player is 0.5metre beneath my projector on a tall stand from ikea, so has very short component lead lengths to preserve the signal. The player is unlikey to have video buffer amps for long cable runs. Try the player close to the AE300 connected by regular short leads?

4. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Thanks for the replies.

I think I've got the photo's reduced. Perhaps this will help.

The photo's that look green are the progressive output.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

5. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    i have the 575 connected to my a300 and the image is spot on, no problems like you have