1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 575 or something else?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bardel, Nov 22, 2004.

1. bardel

Jan 23, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    OK, I've currently got a Pioneer 444 DVDand a Sony VPL-HS1 projector (old I know - got it when it first came out - and not that well rated). I haven't actually had it out of the cupboard for a while and I want to get everything all set up again (as best I can).

I dont really have any problems with the 444 (other than quite poor pauses for layer change) but I'd like a DVD player with DVD-A (and maybe SACD). Off the top of my head I don't know what connectivity the HS1 has either (to take advantage of) and Im sure when I first had it I used the Composite input :blush:

I was considering a Denon 2910, but there have been a few threads on here where people are having problems (maybe a red herring), but I've recently seen the 575 and it seems to offer most of the same options. Obviously the 575 is quite cheap by comparison. So can someone please give me some pointers to alternatives (inc the 2910) and what they offer over the 575?

I may also consider upgrading the projector at some point, Im not sure what to, and I don't know what the best connection format is for this (presumably component?) so it might be worth bearing this in mind also.

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers all