Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer 575 or Samsung 950 - which to go for

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dune, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Dune

Dune

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Assuming my Toshiba SD220 doesn't respond to lens cleaning, is bust and a trip to Richer Sounds is required, which is the better player to go for - the Pioneer 575a or the Samsung 950?

I don't have a TV with a HDMI connection but I will come the new year, so I was tending toward to Samsung but I am not that sure it is important to use the HDMI and upscale normal DVD's.

If anyone has compared the component output of the 575 with the HDMI output of the Samsung on a hi-def capable TV I would interested to hear you opinions.

Thanks,

Dave

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    I prefer the Pioneer's component pic vs Samsung 745 via DVI.

575 is an excellent machine for the money...PJ :)

3. Media_Man

Media_Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have to second the Pioneer 575. Once its run in and set up properly its just awesome. My dealer also warned me about Samsung build quality not being that great and that the output from scart and component is much better on the Pioneer too - as is the sound quality.

Have to say i'm more than happy with my 575. Total bargain. :thumbsup: