Pioneer 575 or Denon 1910 - Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Bilboo, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Bilboo

Bilboo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi All,

Upgraded my plans from replacing my current R1 dvd player (Panasonic 310) with one of the Toshiba models, and now looking at either the Pioneer 575 or Denon 1910.

Not actually seen either machine in action yet (hopefully at the weekend) but anyone got any thoughts on which one to go for, based on it's major use will be a component output to a Tosh 36ZP48?

There's £50 difference between the two, which isn't a major issue but I'd still rather not spend it if I don't have to, plus I'm not that concerned regarding the DVI output on the 1910 as I'll probably buy a new player when I finally get a plasma/lcd.

Thanks in advance.

2. Graham

Graham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I recently got a multi-region Pioneer 575 for £120, it really is a superb player. Pin-sharp picture, plus the quickest menu selection & layer change i've seen on a DVD player that isn't a Denon 2200 or higher - i've watched 5-10 DVD's since I got it and only noticed one layer change (on R1 Hannibal), which was right in the middle of a music cue.

As people have said it isn't the chunkiest / sturdiest of players, but for the money it's superb. It's also got DVD-A & SACD playback, which the 1910 hasn't. If you're not worried about DVI / HDMI (which lots of people seem to have some problems with anyway), I'd definitely recommend it.

Cheers.