1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 575 or 370

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cirdan, Oct 13, 2004.

1. cirdan

cirdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i put up a post a few weeks back about a new player. i was hoping to get a 575, but richer sounds have not been able to get any in, i tried again today but no luck, but they did get some 370's in.

while i have been waiting to get my old player changed i have had use of a 370 and to be honest i like it a lot, its very good, and it plays my alien set!
    i have asked for a 370 to be reserved for a few days while i think about it, they said to ring back on monday when they will know what deliveries they are due to get next week and wether they will get any 575's.

so im after a bit of feedback on which one to get. i know the 575 is probably better, but is it much better, for the money difference considering i only use it for dvd playback.i dont mind waiting but not indefinately.

cheers.

2. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    575 is avaliable for 129 at avland.co.uk with a free scart

3. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    There is also the Pioneer 470. This is the 575 minus the DVD Audio and SACD playback and keeps the DIVX playback unlike the 370.

The 370 has a 12 bit 54mhz DAC whereas the 470/575 has a 12 bit 108mhz. This might be important for some people. I was going for the 575 but didn't like rthe build quality. I went for Sony 585 and am very pleased with it. This also has a 12 bit 54mhz DAC, and I can't tell any difference with the 575 I borrowed for a while (even on a 80" screen).

Amazon.co.uk also do a silver multi region 370 for just £68.49. The black version is £74.99. They do a R2 only Pioneer 470 for £97.99.

4. cirdan

cirdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for that.

the player im taking in is being changed for another one so i will be using richer sounds. and with the stock for the 575 being a bit erratic i thought about the 370. because i most likely wont use or notice the extra features that the 575 has over the 370, or 470. so was wondering wether it was worth hanging on, i think if they do not have any stock due in when i phone on monday i will go for the 370, or if they have the 470, i didnt ask.

i just watched a film tonight, day after tomorrow, and it played really well, the dts track was very good through my speakers, so both video and audio are very good. ill watch a few more films over the next few days to help make a decision.

cheers.