pioneer 575/380

naim

Standard Member
Reaction score
which will give me the best picture quality,not bothered about the other bits & bobs,through component or scart rgb

Well,
Looking at the spec's on both, is seems the 380 is basically the same as the 575 apart from DVD-A and SACD playback.
Both have PAL/NTSC prog-scan, the same spec D/A converters etc.

I personally have the 575 as I am getting into SACD in surround sound and find the 575 EXCELLENT for this. Movie sound and picture is GREAT aswell.
As far as I can see, if DVD-A and SACD replay is not important to you, go for the 380. Just make sure you get a multiregion enabled one and not a R2 only machine. (the 575 from Richersounds IS multi region enabled).

TTFN,
Graham.

would u connect either machine useing component sockets or scart rgb,what would be the best,also would i get SACD surround sound using digital coax lead

naim said:
would u connect either machine useing component sockets or scart rgb,what would be the best,also would i get SACD surround sound using digital coax lead

Connect either using component, if your display has component inputs and is prog-scan enabled you will get a better picture (IMHO). Not all component enabled displays will do prog-scan, best to check first. You can set the DVD to output interlaced ie NON PROG-SCAN, but have not tried it with mine.
Scart when set to RGB gives a really good picture aswell, so no probs there. For DVD-A and SACD playback you will need to have an amp or receiver with 5.1 inputs as the hi bandwidth signals CANNOT be sent digitally. This is down to the question of rights management. It's to stop people from making high quality pirate copies of DVD-A / SACD discs. Some players / amps have a digital connection which allows you to play DVD-A / SACD by means of one digital connection (Denon, Pioneer amonst others), but these types have been ratified by the powers that be, and will not allow recording / dubbing of the sound by using security measures.

If you have the means of playing DVD-A and SACD through your AV gear (5.1 inputs on it), then I say go for the 575. You will need 6 (or three pairs) of interconnects to hook the Pioneer 575 to your amp, and using the options menu enable the 5.1 outputs so you can send the decoded sound to the AV amp. Also the 575 will de-code DD and DTS soundtracks on DVD movies etc and pass them onto the AV amp for amplification, so if you have an old design pro-logic amp (with 5.1 inputs) for instance, (without DD or DTS de-coding built in) you can hear full digital surround sound.

Hope this answers you questions ok ??

All the best,

Graham.

Graham
ive got the earlier ZP tosh tv with component without prog/scan with 5/1 built inso would u use component or scart on my tele

If its the 32zp46 model than I ASSUME it will prog-scan though I may be wrong ?
Regarding whether to use component or scart.... I'd go for component. You can set the DVD player to output normal interlaced video if the TV won't accept prog-scan.

TTFN
Graham.

Does the 575 play Divx/Xvid movies?

HI

I have the 380 cos i was'nt bothered with SACD etc. Cracking picture and sound quality, very pleased.

Let me know if you get one and what you think of it. :hiya:

Is 2 channel SACD on the 575A the same sound quality as 5.1 SACD?

Wayne Moule said:
Is 2 channel SACD on the 575A the same sound quality as 5.1 SACD?

Yes, of course! Just isn't MULTIchannel.

i bought a 575 and a 380,lots more bits & bobs on the 575 .ive connected the 380 component to the 36zp18 component sockets,no progressive scan and the 575 to the pj with component progressive scan sockets pictures on both are superb,380 has only coax out for digital sound,the 575 has lots of extra settings audio,video set up ect

PDP-434HDE said:
Yes, of course! Just isn't MULTIchannel.

Is it me or not, as there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference between CD and SACD in 2 channel?

I've only got Brothers In Arms SACD and Sting DTS CD to compare.

They don't sound any better on my Denon 2200 either, apart from CD, which seems more detailed than the 575.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom