Pioneer 565a what connection

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Fred Quimby, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Fred Quimby

Fred Quimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    Next week I dip my toe in the world of plasma. Im waiting for my Samsung 50Q97 plasma.

At present all I have to connect is my tried and trusted Pioneer 656a SD DVD player. Its connected to my Philips CRT with a very good quality scart. I would have probably used component but the Philips does not allow that.

So my question is what should I connect to the Plasma a very good scart lead,or go for a component connection.

The Pioneer 656a does not have HDMI I know some people will say get rid of the Pioneer and go for an upscaling player but the Pioneer has given me 5 years of great service and it produces a brill picture,I dont think anything under £400 will beat it.

So what would you advise,

2. dibdab

dibdab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
  3. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    I would try component with some cheap cables you have at hand first ,i had major lip sync problems with progressive with the 565.

4. BrianPK

BrianPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +273
    I had a pioneer dv 575 connected to a Toshiba 36" CRT by component and scart and had a very good picture especialy from the former. However when I bought my Pana.42PX60 plasma even though the picture quality, when receiving SKY, was excellent it was only adequate at best playing dvds.It was just too soft
    I read ,on these forums, all the praise from people who had hooked up £50 upscaling dvd players to flatscreens but just did not believe them.I got a loan of a Tosh.370e player and was amazed at the improvement in detail at 1080i.through HDMI.I have retired off the pioneer.