Pioneer 565a what connection

jarraman

Next week I dip my toe in the world of plasma. Im waiting for my Samsung 50Q97 plasma.

At present all I have to connect is my tried and trusted Pioneer 656a SD DVD player. Its connected to my Philips CRT with a very good quality scart. I would have probably used component but the Philips does not allow that.

So my question is what should I connect to the Plasma a very good scart lead,or go for a component connection.

The Pioneer 656a does not have HDMI I know some people will say get rid of the Pioneer and go for an upscaling player but the Pioneer has given me 5 years of great service and it produces a brill picture,I dont think anything under £400 will beat it.

So what would you advise,

bob1

I would try component with some cheap cables you have at hand first ,i had major lip sync problems with progressive with the 565.

BrianPK

The Pioneer 656a does not have HDMI I know some people will say get rid of the Pioneer and go for an upscaling player but the Pioneer has given me 5 years of great service and it produces a brill picture,I dont think anything under £400 will beat it.

So what would you advise,

I had a pioneer dv 575 connected to a Toshiba 36" CRT by component and scart and had a very good picture especialy from the former. However when I bought my Pana.42PX60 plasma even though the picture quality, when receiving SKY, was excellent it was only adequate at best playing dvds.It was just too soft
I read ,on these forums, all the praise from people who had hooked up £50 upscaling dvd players to flatscreens but just did not believe them.I got a loan of a Tosh.370e player and was amazed at the improvement in detail at 1080i.through HDMI.I have retired off the pioneer.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom