Pioneer 565 to Pioneer VSX D812 Component Control

G

GlenW

Pioneer has the feature of allowing a cable to connect the 2 components together so that the remote control for one can operate the other item via an interconnect cable. Can someone advise me what this cable type is as one manual states it has SR jacks, talks about mini jack plugs and the other manua talks about an optional control cable. The normal interconnect type cables dont plug in and this is what I thought I would be using.

Thanks

Glen

Hi Glen

It uses any simple lead with mini jack plugs like you get on personal stereo headphones. Quality, obviously, isn't an issue. You should be able to pick one up for £1 or £2. (I recycled a line-in lead from my computer sound card).

The wonderful benefit I now have is that i don't have to put the remote beneath the coffee table to operate the DVD, I just point it at the receiver (however the Pio receiver remote will operate the DVD with or without this cable, just you need to be in line of sight of both components).

it is commonly known as 3.5mm headphone jack on both ends and should only cost a couple of quid for a meter or so!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom