1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 565 Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by markhawk, Oct 5, 2003.

1. markhawk

markhawk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got one of these players. When i connected it to my Amp (Denon 3803) using the S-Vid connector the picture is distorted and keeps flickering between colour and black and white. This only happens on Region 1 DVD's but he player is supposedly multi - region. Region 2 discs are fine. Please help, it's doing my head in.

2. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    I'm using this player connected directly to my TV via s-video and I have a perfect picture..R1 & R2.

1. Can you connect directly to the TV just to see if it's a problem the amp is introducing?

2. Try using another type of cable...component, composite or scart to see if it happens with those. If these are ok it might be a problem with your cable so you could try another s-video cable if the new cable doesn't work it must be a dodgy player.

I notice the picture does flicked B&w then colour then a disc is first inserted. I think it happens when the machine is switching between regions.

P.S. I'm also using component to a ISCAN which then goes to my projector and that is fine also.

3. markhawk

markhawk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. After reading the Instruction manual i found that you can change the output to PAL. I did this and hey presto perfect picture on both region 1 & 2. Thanks again for your help though