1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 565 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Attu, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Attu

Attu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Ive had my 565 for about 2 weeks now and I think ive got a problem, well im now 100% happy with it any way.
    Im using it in progresive scan through the componant video output into my Plasma.
    When I play a region 1 disk it looks great but when I play a region 2 disk it looks as though the picture is jurky..its hard to explain but it just doesnt look smooth too me.
    The wife says it look fine to her but too me it looks like in watching football on an old 100hz tv if you know waht i mean.
    Ive changed the output of the 565 to NTFS only which improved things alot but its still not perfect.
    In the instructions it says that progresive scan can only be used in NTFS but then goes on to say that PAL will be output as NTFS but it looks as though its not doing this as it should.
    Has anyone else noticed this ?
    Also I seem to find more artifacts on disks than I did with my Sony 935, again its hard to expalin but I notice the odd skip in frames or jumps but when I ask the wife if she saw it she just says saw what ?...grrrrrrr

Andy