1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 565 - OK whats the deal?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by EmissarY, Apr 5, 2004.

1. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I would be grateful if anyone can clear up a question for me.

I have been reading on many threads of the Pioneer 565 and the problem of poor bass output when using SACD and DVD Audio. This is confusing as I do not understand whats is meant.

I will be running a Pioneer 565 with a Denon 2803, (connected via co-ax or fibre optic - not decided yet) and Mission FS2AV speakers. If I decide that I want to play SACD or DVD-A media, will I encounter problems with bass?

I understand that this dvd player represents great value for money and would be a suitable unit to go with what I currently have.

Can anyone put my fears to rest?

Thanx 4 any help,

EmissarY

2. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone...please....:(

3. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    You will need to also connect the analogue cables to listen to multi channel audio.
    The bass is lower when using the analogue output though it will be best to up the sub to max and lower the other speakers to your liking in the 565's set up. Doing it this way will retain the Denons setting correct for all the other inputs including the 565's digital connections which are fine and don't need upping.

4. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Not sure if the 2803 has the same features as the 3803, but i get over it by setting all the levels to 85db, but the sub channel will not go that high, so i alter the 5.1 ext.in sub channel level on the 3803 to compensate and get the desierd 85db.
    And as ged said, you will need to connect the 6 analouge connections from the player to the amp, in order to listern to DVD-a/SACD surround sound........you will only get 2 channel sound from the digital connection.

5. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    As stated above you also need to connect the 6 channel outputs on the 565 into the 6 channel inputs on your amp. This is the only way you will get multichannel audio ie SACD or DVD-Audio, all you need to do to correct it is to set the speaker configuration within the 565's speaker settings to small. You can also tweek the subwoofer's output up or down. So don't worry it's a superb player for the money, i've just bought on for my plasma and it performs superbly.

6. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx Everyone,

But I am still a little confused.

Let me explain my set up a little more:

Right now I have the Pioneer 565 connected to the Denon 2803 via an optical digital out.

The Mission FS2AVs connects to the Denon via the umbilical cord supplied with it and the FS2 sats are connected to the subwoofer. The subwoofer is also connected to the Denon via the LFE input.

Sorry ignore I understand now.

Cheers,

EmissarY

7. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Isn't this the same question, you seem to have/ will be buying the same kit i.e. 565?