Pioneer 565 and Panasonic TX32PL1

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by stephenbelcher, Jan 20, 2004.

Tags:
  1. stephenbelcher

stephenbelcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Has anyone got a Pioneer 565A DVD player and Panasonic TX32PL1 TV working together using
    RGB and playing Region 1 disks without horizontal banding?

Any ideas how I can stop mine.

Cheers

Stephen

2. Emm

Emm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Try changing the player's default 'auto' playback mode into PAL mode by putting the player into standy, then whilst holding down one of the 'cue' buttons turn the player back on (check your maual for exact description).

3. stephenbelcher

stephenbelcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried that and it didn't make any difference.

Thanks any way

Stephen

4. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Emm

If you set PAL as default will the picture be satisfactory if playing an R1 (NTSC) as pal? (I have a pioneer 656).

Stephen, I think elsewhere on this forum the suggestion is to get to the service menu and reset the DVCO (you need a PAL colour bar to do this). I have tried this, but haven't checked if it fixed it as yet, will soon.

Emms solution is neater though, if it works

5. stephenbelcher

stephenbelcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spoke to Pioneer today and they say that its not a problem because they didn't sell it as a multi region player and it was never meant to play Region 1 disks, and to take it up with the retailer who made it multi region.

Nice one Pioneer that'll be the last DVD player they sell me then off to the land of Tosh to try my luck.

Cheers

Stephen

6. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, i guess they have a point, but we are being screwed by this region coding thing, as usual

7. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BUT - why the **** do they make them capable of playing NTSC and PAL then - they are surely responsible for the NTSC performance

8. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't believe the NTSC performance would be affected by the multiregion mod, surely that just "unlocks" the player to do what it is capable of.

9. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AND another thing - i gather this is an issue with the Panasonic TV's NTSC performance rather than the players

10. pscolling

pscolling
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Its definately the player and not specific to Panasonic TVs.. I have a Sony Wega TV and the banding is clearly visible on R1 DVDs when connected via RGB scart... Other regions are fine and clear of any banding.
    I'm going to speak to the shop I bought mine from to see if I can exchange it.

Paul

11. helicon2

helicon2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a Pioneer DV-656A and had a Panasonic TX-29AD2 and had exactly the same problem. It only happened on R1 discs with RGB. I'm can't remember for sure but if you change to S-Video or composite it will get rid of the banding but that hardly solves the problem. I actually got rid of a Panasonic RV-60 with multi-mod and had no problems with it or the TV in 3 years. I contacted LeConcepts (from whom I bought the player) and they suggested a few things that didn't work, I asked for a refund and they said that they will only give me a refund if the player isn't working and suggested trying it on another TV. Right enough, I tried it on 2 other TV's, both Sony, one reasonably new 32" one and one older 28" and it worked on them fine. I was looking for a new TV anyway, so I'm just going to have to check before I buy, but I think it's a problem with Panasonic TV's. Maybe something in the service menu may help.

12. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It may not be just Panasonic's but here and elswhere on the web it is that particular combination that seems to come up most frequently.