1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 565 and Hybrid SACD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chris68, Oct 9, 2003.

1. chris68

chris68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought this player last month, and have been very pleased with it's performance which is excellent.

However bough couple Hybrid SACD last week, and when loaded the machine only sees the CD layer and insists and displays that it only has a cd loaded. They were Norah Jones and Groove Armade: Love Box.

Also bought Stings new album, Hybrid SACD (Sainsbury's £9.99 bargain) same problem.

Has anybody out there got hybrids that work fine in this machine ?

I have treid pioneer who rang in 1 hour, to say they had not got a clue or even an instruction book for the player !!

Tried HiFibitz who I bought it off, who said they are happy to replace it as long as pioneer think it is faulty !

HELP !!!!

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    The 656 has the ability to select which area of the SACD you play 2ch, multi or CD.

The selection is via the Initial Settings menu then options then SACD.

I guess the 565 is similar

3. chris68

chris68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes the 565 is the same, and I have it set to Multi Channel.
    But the player does not eveb recognise the discs as SACD, just says CD on the display. ?
    Thanks for the reply

4. Badger

Badger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    MY Dark side of the moon displays CD when I select the CD layer - have you tried the 2 ch SACD setting as those discs might not have a M/C track

phil

5. phil5743

phil5743

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    dark side of tm plays great in multi-channel with mine

6. chris68

chris68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Appreciate the responses. I have treid every setting as you may imagine, without any difference.

I think it is time to contact HiFiBitz for a replacement.

Anybody else been successful with any other discs other than Dark Side please carry on posting.

7. jsebright

jsebright
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There's definately a menu setting to say whether SACD's should play the CD layer or the SACD layer.
    I've had success with DSOTM, Stings latest & Simple Minds Greatest Hits.

8. slingshot

slingshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    If it's any help Love Box definatley has a multi-channel layer my 757Ai picks it up fine.

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you have to have the 5.1 anaogue outputs enabled before it will play multi-channel layer.

Cheers

Slingshot

9. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +814
    Chris,

as the othe rmembers have said, the configuration menus should be set to MC mode. It looks as though this is one of the 'cash in' discs that people buycause it said SACD on the box. I know I bought one too lol.

When I insert my hybrid SACD disc ( Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring ) into the 565a the front panel and display shows a SACD disc has been inserted. There is no MC layer though.

Not to mind my mate has DSOTM on SACD so I'll be borrowing that to see what the capabilities are like.

Played the high res layers on DVD-A and they sound cool. Only issue i have had yet with the machine is when playing a DVD-R disc the lip synch was ever so slightly oout. Anyone else with thise issue or is it a case of the guy who burnt the disc got it slightly wrong. More testing required obviously.

Apart from that, its a superb player, picture quality is excellent beyond what I have ever seen a player do. Played all disc types i Have so far thrown at it.

Keith