Pioneer 545 to Toshiba telly = Nuts!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sc00by, Nov 29, 2001.

1. sc00by

sc00by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Folks,
    I'd like to buy the Pioneer 545 and matching receiver
    (VSX-C300) as these will fit in my Tosh 32zp18p stand BUT Pioneer 545 doesn't have component out.
    If I connected using a good quality Scart to component lead would I still get better quality than straight SCART to SCART.

Ta

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Because the signals are different it is not possible. So no. You will have to buy a dvd player that outs component for the tv to receive and understand it.

3. dsb

dsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    component shouldn't give a better picture than RGB anyway-because if you feed component into your tv it will internally convert it to RGB.

4. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    dsb is quite correct technically however all the tvs that can take a component feed (Toshibas and Loewe Aconda) show significant gains when used with the component input as opposed the RGB SCART link. I can't honestly explain why but it the reality of the situation reported by EVERYONE I have spoken to who has these devices.

5. alexh

alexh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The video colour space converter in the TV is probably of a better quality than the one in the DVD player.

Alex