1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 545 - Have u seen this....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andypandy, Feb 12, 2002.

1. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have noticed a warning on the play247 web page, for the 'Kiss of the Dragon' DVD starring Jet li. It says that anyone with a modifed Pioneer 545, amongst other pioneer players, it may not play !!!!!

If this is one, there are bound to be other DVD's with the same problem. I've just ordered this player too !!

The announcement reads...
    "PLEASE NOTE: The Following DVD Players have had trouble playing this title; Pioneer 302, Pioneer 414, Pioneer 505, Pioneer 515, Pioneer 525, Pioneer 530, Pioneer 535, Pioneer 606, Pioneer 626D, Pioneer 636D, Pioneer 7003, Pioneer 717, Pioneer 727."

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the announcement you posted doesn`t mention the 545??
    And I assume it`s only REGION 1 discs.

3. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'm getting confused with the 535. Thank god for that !!

Anyway, I wonder why theses pioneer models and this film ?

what's the connection ?

Oh, and I am talking about the region 1 DVD on multi-region pioneer players.

4. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,934
    its do with RCE discs.

5. steven_9709

steven_9709

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    So are we to assume the 545 WILL play RCE discs then? I have a multiregion 545 and havn't had a chance to test this yet....

6. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Don't believe for one moment there's anything wrong with the Pioneer 535 and RCE... Why? Because I have one, modded, that never has any trouble whatsoever with RCE titles.

Add to this the fact that 'Kiss Of The Dragon' isn't even an RCE title, and I think it'd be a fair bet to say RCE isn't even involved. I mean come on... a Pioneer having RCE problems, but Toshiba's getting away clean - not likely (no offence Tosh people).

7. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Steven, as has been pointed out to me earlier the 545 is NOT affected. I didn't read the models carefully. Check above for the players affected.

As for the RCE problem, the previous guyis right. 'Kiss of the Dragon' is NOT RCE. Which is even more weird as to what this DVD has that most pioneers don't like ?????

8. Skid Solo

Skid Solo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a strange problem with my 545 in as much as Gladiator (R1) and Lethal Weapon 4 (R1) both cause the same problem. Basically as they play the picture goes black for less than a second, the sound is still apparent. The black screen is not consisitent and thus does not occur in the same place and will occasiaonly be more than 1 second and my TV then displays 'no signal'

My 545 was modified by Sevenoaks, when I tookit back they did not have a problem with these discs, so I took it back home and have still found the same problem so going back to Sevenoaks.

N.B. It is not the discs or the rest of my system as they work fine with a Toshiba player again R1 modified by Sevenoaks.

9. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I wuld be interested to find out what it turns out to be ?

Have you tried taking the 545 to a mates house and trying it there. I'm just wondering whether it has something to do with your TV set coupled with the 545, or the postioning of the dvd player (i.e if there are lots of other electrical equipment )

10. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My dv545 hasn't had any problems with any dvds. I got it last year and had it modded by avland.co.uk and it is RCE multi region etc...

I have lots of R2, R4, R1 and R1 RCE titles. ALL work fine! Final fantasy works fine, Hollow man, and The patriot.

Maybe the mod isn't isn't up to high standards or the interconnect cable, TV and electricity cables (surges from AC?) could be causing problems?

Try connecting different TV and cables to iron out them from being the problem.

ice_cool

11. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there isn`t a problem ,the whole thread is a misunderstanding of a quote from www.play247.com thats all. :)

12. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have no idea why Play have put up this warning - i have a 626D as do two of my friends, my brother and dad have a 535 - Kiss of the dragon has played ok on all of these players - all purchased from Sevenoaks - may be some certain mod chips that dont like it.

Spike

13. Darren_L

Darren_L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Maybe someone should email Play247 and ask them?