pioneer 545 and aconda problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by dsb, Mar 8, 2002.

1. dsb

dsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone own this combination?
    i connected the pioneer to scart 3 of the aconda,set the scart to accept RGB,set the dvd player to output RGB.
    no picture-maybe it's a faulty scart i thought.
    however....conected to the scart passthrough on the pioneer is a dreamcast console outputting only RGB-and it makes it to the tv fine.
    so the only thing i can think is the pioneer is not outputting RGB when playing dvds even though it is set as such.
    and indeed if i set the tv's scart to accept automatic it does display the dvd that i'm playing
    anyone had such an experience?
    can i force the pioneer to output proper RGB?

2. Skid Solo

Skid Solo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'd take back the player, I have a 545 connected to a Vitros and it works fine, with both set to RGB, I also pass through a PS2 via the 545 which again works fine.

3. dsb

dsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've solved it now!
    silly sod that i am,i connected the players passthrough scart to the tv and the scart for connecting to the tv to the item i was passing through.
    now i've swapped them back it's all working fine-and doesn't that pulldown removal work just nicely :)