1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 530H vs 433H - Advice please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by the_pauley, Jul 28, 2005.

1. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Just compared the technical specs for these two decks on the Pioneer website.

They seem to be pretty much identical apart from the greater HD capacity and the Electronic Programme Guide on the 530H.

Am I correct in assuming that these are the only differences between the two?

2. ArtS

ArtS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

As I know, you were right. Anyway, I think, you should download manuals for those models:

1. Open web site: http://www.pioneer-eur.com
    2. Click Support
    3. Click On-line manuals
    4. Click Enter the European Manual Database
    5. In the new window type DVR-433, then click Search
    6. Right-click adequate link and select Save target as..., select destination folder then click Save
    Repeat steps 5 and 6 for DVR-530

Good luck :hiya:

3. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I understand that on the 433 a lot of functions have to accessed with a 'Shift' key on the remote. This makes the remote look simpler, but I suspect makes it more complicated to use. On that I'd go for the 530.
    The absence of EPG would fix it for certain.

4. ArtS

ArtS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are right. The 433's remote is a cheap design, so it may be difficult to use. For instance - Commercial Skip with Shift held down is stupid IMO. :thumbsdow I just like to skip commercials! ;)

ArtS :cool:

5. Graham

Graham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Yep, agree about the remote - you get used to using the SHIFT key but it's a daft idea, it's supposed to make things easy but just ends up irritating. Otherwise the unit is great. I wonder how much it would cost to get the remote control for the DVR-530, that would probably work ok?